HealthierUS School Challenge Training – February 20, 2014
WI Team Nutrition recorded a webinar on February 20, 2014 to provide WI schools with the opportunity to learn more about the HealthierUS School Challenge and how your school can receive national recognition and monetary prizes for your school’s wellness initiatives. View the Blackboard Collaborate recording and review the following materials. Please note that the training includes time to work on a sample application. The materials needed to work through the sample application are found in the “Completed Sample HUSSC Packet.” You may choose to print the packet but it is recommended to use the electronic versions due to its length.
- PowerPoint Presentation with Script (part 1) (part 2) (part 3)
- Presentation Q&A’s
- Blank Application
- Completed HUSSC Packet (part 1) (part 2)
Smarter Lunchroom Training
- Did you know you can increase your students’ vegetable consumption 40-70% simply by creatively naming your vegetables and displaying these names near the food? This is just one sample of a Smarter Lunchroom technique. The Smarter Lunchroom Movement seeks to equip school lunchrooms with evidence-based tools that improve child eating behaviors and thus improve the health of children. Please view the WI Team Nutrition training to learn more about the Smarter Lunchroom movement and how to implement the techniques in your school. View the Blackboard Collaborate recording of the training.
School Garden Sub-grant
- The School Garden Sub-grant application period has closed. Congratulations to all our sub-grant recipients.
- Evaluation Surveys – pre- and post-program student evaluation surveys must be completed and submitted to WI Team Nutrition to fulfill grant requirements.
Classroom Garden Sub-grant
- The Classroom Sub-grant application period has closed. Congratulations to all our sub-grant recipients.
- Grantee Evaluation Information
HealthierUS School Challenge Sub-grant
- The HUSSC Sub-grant application period has closed. Congratulations to all our sub-grant recipients.
Smarter Lunchroom Sub-grant
- The Smarter Lunchroom Sub-grant application period has closed. Congratulations to St. Mary Springs Academy and the Appleton Area, Johnson Creek, Marshfield, Sauk Prairie, Sheboygan Area, and White Lake School Districts.
Upcoming Sub-grant Opportunities
- WI TN plans to release a number of sub-grants during the 2013-14 school year. Be sure to check back at a later date for full sub-grant information, application materials, and deadlines. The following opportunities will be available at a later date:
- Local Foods Taste Testing Sub-grants – Schools will be eligible to apply funds to purchase and prepare Wisconsin grown produce and offer as taste tests to encourage local food consumption to middle school students. Applications will be available this spring.